Friday, September 12, 2008

A Random Observation

I worked late last night and was pleasantly surprised when I
walked in at 8:30, to my darling husband preparing a
meal. Of course the grill was involved, but nonetheless it
was still a meal. Steak kabobs with homegrown tomatoes
and peppers (thanks mom!) marinated in whatever delectable
concoction he created, to be served on a bed of whole grain
couscous.

I usually wear the apron. And Matt is never slow to
compliment my skill and aptitude in the kitchen (thanks
babe!). But a little thing I've noticed...when men do their own
cooking it is as if they have never tasted anything remotely
as delicious as their creation. I think that is so funny. Even my
best dishes still have room for improvement and I always
make mental notes of the same. Not men. We might as well
have been eating at the French Laundry last night. I think it
is so sweet and innocent and I am going to try and capture a
little more of it in my own day to day meal preparation.

Be less critical...enjoy what you prepare and create!

1 comment:

Samara Link said...

This was a fun read. One, so sweet of Matt to have dinner ready for you. Two, loved your observation about how he thought it was the best meal ever. Boys are funny! My experience isn't dissimilar. Both David and I have some kind of change we would make next time to any meal I make. His are always perfect (according to the cook!). And if I ever mention something he might try to adjust -- god forbid I say something is DRY -- he is quite offended. Boys!