Monday, October 13, 2008

Turn! Turn! Turn!

Fall in Michigan means apple orchards and pumpkin
patches; harvest moons and crisp morning air;
stews and ciders. But, above and beyond anything
else in means this:






The color up here this year is extraordinarily vibrant.
And the coolest thing is that the color bursts seemingly
overnight. When the sun shines, even the saddest tree
comes to life, like this one across the street
from the house:



And , no I didn't get a new camera. Like a
bad habit, the old one came strolling back
into my life. Here is a photo from the night
it disappeared. Debbie (a friend who works
in my office) and I at Red Ginger:



In other news, we went to a wedding a week ago
Saturday. One of Matt's best buddies from high
school (who was kind enough to get married in
Traverse City - saving us a four hour drive to
Detroit. We wish Eric and Meridith the best,
and I wish I had more pics to share but Matt
dropped the camera right after the next photo
was taken and it wouldn't cooperate the rest
of the evening (Have I ever told you how much
I hate the POS camera?). Anyway, here is yet
another photogenic moment of Matt and Jen
caught by the lens:



Wow! I'm the same height as Matt in this photo. Four
inch heels + five foot eleven inch gal = Glad to have a
tall hubby! That's all for the moment.

3 comments:

Samara Link said...

It's so good to see you!! Adorable dress from the wedding pic and super cute shirt and necklace from the bar. I miss that face. :)
Awesome color shots of fall. Feel free to share more daily! Absolutely gorgeous. I miss home every time fall rolls around. Enjoy it a little extra for me, okay? Great post!

Samara Link said...

I had to come back and take a second peak at this post. Seeing you and all these beautiful fall colors makes me smile. Seeing you feel complete today made me smile bigger. That's great!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

hey, i stole a picture of you from this post to make sam a little "we love you" card, i'll send it to you when i'm done! :)

Lindsay